There are many ways to lose weight fast. However, most of them leave us hungry and unsatisfied. Instead of cutting out and swearing off all “bad” foods, Pharmacy Solutions recommends trying these 5 simple weight loss tips first. These weight loss tips make you feel accomplished without trying to take on more than you can handle. Try starting with just one or two of the tips and once you feel confident, tack on a few more. The healthier changes you make, the more you will start to see the weight fall off.
- Drink Mainly Water: For some people, simply upping their water intake may be the necessary change in jumpstarting the weight loss process. Bumping up the H2O helps us to feel full and may even boost metabolism. Energy drinks, fruit smoothies, and sodas are usually packed with calories and sugar yet do not leave us feeling satisfied like food does. These drinks are often a waste, leave us feeling puffy, and do no favors for those of us looking to shed a few pounds. Water, on the other hand, does our bodies many benefits. Water has no calories which leave us feeling slimmer. It also aids in regularity, flushes out excess toxins and waste, while also promoting in weight loss. If you have a tough time drinking enough water, try adding fresh fruit, lemon wedges, or mint to add some flavor.
- Plan Ahead: One of the biggest struggles for people is making smart choices for food. Planning ahead helps to limit the “grab and go” trap so many people fall into when they start looking for dinner ideas once they are already hungry. Having nutritious snacks available and a structured idea of what you will be eating, helps to limit the number of times you stop by your favorite fast food restaurant.
- Ultra-Flora Control: Studies are showing that a low microbial diversity in the gut is associated with obesity and higher fat mass particularly the belly/trunk fat mass and lower gene counts of good bacteria is also associated with increased weight gain year after year. One bacteria strain in particular has been identified to be very low or non-existent in obese subjects and much higher in leaner individuals. This strain of bacteria is Bifidobacterium Animalis Lactis B-420. In a six-month clinical study of overweight individuals taking Bifidobacterium lactis B-420, it was shown to help: control body fat, control body weight, reduce waist circumference, control abdominal fat, and promote short-chain fatty acid production.
- Add, don’t subtract: Too many people looking to lose weight put more of an emphasis on what foods to eliminate from their diet and not enough emphasis on the foods to add in to their diet that are beneficial for weight loss. Instead of limiting certain food groups and telling yourself all of the foods you cannot eat, try writing out a list of all the fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and lean protein you CAN eat. These foods should be stocked full of nutrients, fiber, omega-3’s, and much more that is beneficial for your body.
- Focus more on your Zzzzzz: That’s right! We are telling you to sleep more! Many people believe that the reason they cannot control their urges to eat certain foods is because of willpower. However, lack of sleep may be the real reason you cannot keep away from the snack machine at work. Hunger is controlled by two hormones, Leptin and Ghrelin. Leptin is the hormone produced in the fat cells and the less leptin you produce, the hungrier you feel. However, the more ghrelin you produce, the more you stimulate hunger and increase fat storage. The research found that sleeping less than six hours tells the area of your brain to increase your need for food while also depressing leptin and stimulating ghrelin.