What is stress? Stress is defined as your body’s response to any demand. The definition of stress for most people tends to focus on the negative feelings and emotions it produces. Almost every definition of stress also discusses unwanted responses that are experienced. It is important to remember that Stress is a normal part of life for everyone. But too much stress can have serious consequences for your health.
Stress is a Normal Part of our Lives. But Only in Small Bursts.
Your body is only meant to handle stress in small bursts. Chronic stress can lead to serious problems, lowering your immune system and interfering with the proper functioning of your body’s systems. Over time, if left alone, chronic stress can lead to:
- Weight gain
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thinning skin
- Easy bruising
- Severe fatigue (from loss of sleep)
- Muscle weakness
- Difficult to concentrate
- Slowed healing
Pay Attention to Warning Signs
So, how do you recognize stress? Stress comes about much like the warning signs on our car. When you see the check engine light start to flash you know it is time to stop and get things checked out. Much like your car, your body will also show signs of stress and it is important to address these warning signs before the stress begins to take a toll on your body. Stress typically manifests itself in these four areas of our health:
- Physical: Tension, headaches, muscle aches, sweating, shaking, digestive problems, or fatigue.
- Emotional: Irritable, restlessness, isolation, difficulty concentrating, panic, anxiety and feeling discouraged or hopeless.
- Behavioral: Insomnia, unable to relax or destress, anger, difficulty making decisions, overeating or not wanting to eat at all.
- Relational: Communication problems, avoiding people and situations, stop of communicating with people.
How NuAdapt Can Help YOU!
NuAdapt provides a unique blend of botanicals and nutrients that supports the stress response, improves cognition, and most importantly promotes cortisol balance during the initial alarm phase. The ingredients in NuAdapt are designed to support your stress and help you feel better.
- L-theanine is an amino acid that is found abundantly in green tea. L-theanine has been shown to quickly improve stress perception and resilience and the stress-buffering mechanisms of L-theanine have been connected to its ability to increase serotonin and dopamine production in the brain.
- Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid that is found in high concentrations in the brain. In studies administering phosphatidylserine to subjects under stress it has been found that phosphatidylserine reduces stress-induced excretion of cortisol.
- Bacopa Minyerri is an herb that provides nervous system support for individuals under stress. Bacopa is known to improve memory, learning, attention, and focus. It is shown to have strong regulation of mood function at the serotonin receptor.
- Ashwagandha’s benefits include improving stress resilience, supporting immune response, regulating the sleep cycle, supporting healthy thyroid function, and protecting against exhaustion of the nervous system.
To see how NuAdapt can help you conquer your stress concerns today, schedule your FREE consultation with our wellness coordinator today!