Blood Sugar Crisis
Maintaining healthy blood sugar (glucose) levels can often pose a challenge for many Americans. Research continues to show that on average most Americans spend 21 hours a day being sedentary. Along with little activity, Americans also often consume foods that are highly processed, refined, and contain excessive levels of sugar. Many of the foods we consume also do not contain the micronutrients and fiber we need to live a healthy lifestyle. With overconsumption of unhealthy foods, sedentary lifestyles, genetic predispositions, and high-stress patterns, balancing blood sugar can become almost impossible.
Unhealthy blood sugar balance can lead to insulin resistance and when you have insulin resistance, your pancreas begins to make extra insulin to make up for it. For a while, this will work and your blood sugar levels will stay normal. Over time, though, your pancreas will not be able to keep up. If you don’t make changes in the way you eat and exercise, your blood sugar levels will continue to rise resulting in a diagnosis of prediabetes or diabetes.
Healthy blood sugar regulation is a complex process and requires our bodies to be working optimally. The delicate balance of blood sugar levels is crucial for regulating the body’s production of energy. In order to create this energy balance, we need specific micronutrients to ensure all systems are operating effectively. Pro-Glucose Support uses a blend of ingredients designed to help the body naturally maintain balanced blood sugar levels.
The Ingredients that Work
Pro-Glucose Support contains ingredients that have been chosen to work effectively based on clinical research and data to support.
- You may have heard of biotin before when it comes to supplementation for healthy hair, skin, and nails. Biotin is a B vitamin that is water soluble.
- Biotin plays a major role in energy production meaning biotin helps the body convert food into energy. It supports a number of enzymes involved in the breakdown of carbs, fats, and proteins that we eat.
- Biotin also plays numerous roles in maintaining healthy blood sugar balance by stimulating glucose- induced insulin secretion, enhancing insulin sensitivity, and accelerating glucose metabolism in the liver and pancreas.
- Research has found that biotin supplementation increases the number of insulin secreting beta cells. The secretion of beta cells increases the production of insulin made in the pancreas to help bring down blood sugar levels when they get too high.
- Chromium is a trace mineral that plays a key role in supporting healthy blood sugar levels. Chromium’s role in blood sugar balance is done by helping to efficiently transport blood sugar into our body’s cells. Once blood sugar from the foods we eat is delivered to our cells, it can be used for energy.
- Studies using 1000 mcg/day of chromium have demonstrated that chromium helps maintain healthy blood sugar balance, insulin sensitivity and blood lipids. In a study examining the effects of nutrients on blood sugar and lipid regulation, 43 patients were given 600 mcg of chromium along with 2 mg of biotin per day, or placebo. After four weeks, the combination of chromium and biotin was found to have a significant effect on supporting healthy blood sugar balance.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is a nutrient required for cellular metabolism, specifically the breakdown of carbohydrates and fatty acids.
- ALA has been shown to support healthy blood sugar balance by activating an enzyme called adenosine mono-phosphate kinase (AMPK). AMPK activates cellular metabolism by improving insulin sensitivity, down- regulating genes involved in fat storage and activating genes involved with burning fat.
- ALA has also been shown to be beneficial in patients with diabetic neuropathy as well.
- Cinnamon Bark Extract
- Numerous studies have demonstrated that cinnamon has a beneficial effect on maintaining healthy blood sugar levels
- Pro-Glucose Support contains patented Cinnulin®, which is made by a process that extracts the water-soluble components of cinnamon making 500 mg of Cinnulin® equivalent to approximately 10 g of whole cinnamon powder.
- In a study examining the effects of Cinnulin®, 24 men and women were given 250 mg of Cinnulin®, or a placebo, twice per day. Cinnulin® helped to maintain healthy blood sugar levels in 83% of subjects in the treatment group, compared to 33% in the placebo group.
- Cinnulin® has also been shown to support healthy body composition by increasing lean body mass while reducing body fat. Healthy body composition is another key component to healthy blood sugar levels and prevention or reversal of diabetes.
- Vanadyl Sulfate Hydrate
- Vanadyl sulfate comes from the inorganic form of vanadium, a mineral shown to mimic the action of insulin.
- In the form of vanadyl sulfate, it is stable and plays a major role in promoting healthy glucose uptake.
- In one study using 100 mg per day of vanadyl sulfate for three weeks demonstrated an improvement in insulin sensitivity while helping to maintain healthy glucose levels.
Pro-Glucose Support equips the body with ingredients to support healthy blood sugar balance along with supporting evidence and research for each ingredient. As always, Pharmacy Solutions believes in the effectiveness of our pharmaceutical-grade supplements but also supports healthy lifestyle changes in addition to any of our supplements. Pairing whole foods, physical activity, and reducing stress while taking Pro-Glucose Support will yield the best results for you!
If you have questions concerning this supplement or any of the supplements we offer, please reach out to us at email@example.com or call our pharmacy for more information (817)-274-0050.