It seems as though the consumption of colorful fruits and vegetables is a cure-all – but why? To understand, let’s talk about polyphenols and their benefit to our hearts, minds, and waistlines.
Nitric oxide (NO) is a naturally occurring molecule produced by the body that plays a crucial role in various physiological processes. We know many of its potential benefits. However, one of its lesser discussed and most significant benefits is its ability to reduce inflammation, making it a potential treatment for autoimmune disorders.
Adrenal fatigue is an incompletely understood condition characterized by a range of symptoms, all of which could be the result of something else. Of course, this makes the condition hard to diagnose, and in fact some physicians do not think the condition even exists at all.
4-Aminopyridine (4-AP) is an important chemical compound used for a variety of applications in medicine, research, and industry.
Breast Cancer Awareness
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Every year, Pharmacy Solutions dedicates the month of October to educate patients about Breast Cancer. Whether you have been affected by Breast Cancer, know someone battling Breast Cancer, or want to learn more about early detection, October is the time for us to come together to raise awareness, promote education, screening, raise money, honor the fallen, and support patients and survivors.
What is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast.
Facts About Breast Cancer in the US:
- 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime
- In 2021, an estimated 281,550 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women in the U.S. as well as 49,290 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- 63% of breast cancer cases are diagnosed at a localized stage (there is no sign that the cancer has spread outside of the breast), for which the 5-year survival rate is 99%.
- This year, an estimated 43,600 women will die from breast cancer in the U.S.
- Although rare, men get breast cancer too. In 2021, an estimated 2,650 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year in the U.S. and approximately 530 will die.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women, except for skin cancers. It is estimated that in 2021, approximately 30% of all new women cancer diagnoses will be breast cancer.
- There are over 3.8 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer?
According to National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF), “many breast cancer symptoms are invisible and not noticeable without a professional screening, but some symptoms can be caught early just by being proactive about your breast health.”
Here are a few of the signs and symptoms to be aware of:
- A change in how the breast or nipple looks and feels
- A change in the breast or nipple appearance
- Any Nipple Discharge—Particularly Clear Discharge Or Bloody Discharge
By performing monthly breast self-exams, you will be able to more easily identify any changes in your breast. Be sure to talk to your healthcare professional if you notice anything unusual.
Progress Made Through Early Detection
Paying attention to the signs and symptoms of Breast Cancer can be key to early detection.
According to the American Cancer Society:
- Breast cancer death rates declined 40% from 1989 to 2016 among women. The progress is attributed to improvements in early detection.”
- When breast cancer is detected early, and is in the localized stage, the 5-year relative survival rate is 99%. Early detection includes doing monthly breast self-exams, and scheduling regular clinical breast exams and mammograms.
While you cannot prevent cancer, the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) recommends making healthy living a top priority to reduce your risk.
NBCF habits that can help reduce your risk are:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Stay physically active
- Eat fruits and vegetables
- Do not smoke
- Limit alcohol consumption
At Pharmacy Solutions, we are showing our support by donating 10% of all RevitaLash purchases made during the month of October to breast cancer charities.